Re: [DML] Re: Conflicting Advice. Who's right?/5w30?

Re: [DML] Re: Conflicting Advice. Who's right?/5w30?

Robert,
I run fully synthetic Mobil 1 20w50 in my car.It
previously ran on conventional oils.I was at first
reluctant to switch to a modern synthetic thinking it
may simply run straight through the engine.However I
was persuaded by some people to try the Mobil 1.
My fear of the oil leaking out was unfounded and
nearly 6 months later the oil still has a dark gold
colour to it,not nearly as black and dirty as the
regular oil got.
The only difference I have noticed is that the car is
alot less reluctant to start on a cold morning.I have
experienced no increase in performance or drivability.
i still think you should change your oil twice a year
whether its synthetic or not.The other benefit of the
synthetics is they contain many cleaning detergents so
they'll keep the motor cleaner.
To each his own I say.

Andrew
VIN 2883