Re: Alternator time for me.

Sonny

I went through 3 Delco alternators and now I am back on old reliable -
the Motorola. I am convinced that the single wire hookup that the
Delco mods use is the problem because of the digital voltage
regulator that has to be used. It cannot tolerate the swings in
voltage without another voltage sensor wire similar to the setup that
is used in the midstates modification on their web site. I believe if
I use that setup on my PJ Grady Delco it may last. I just got tired
of messing with it. SpecialT does rebuild the Motorola's and so does
DMCH. After all the work so far I am inclined to stay with the
Motorola. The only reason I may put on the Delco is because I have it
and it is a sunk cost at this point.

Harold McElraft - 3354