Re: [DML] Re: Broken bolt (leaking internal water pipe)

Re: [DML] Re: Broken bolt (leaking internal water pipe)

Bill, this sounds to be a really great idea to put SS bolts into aluminum.

They will freeze together even faster without the leaking pipe than the
original bolts with coolant around it.

Maybe with studs and nuts it will be ok, but SS combined with any other
metals
is always a bad solution.

When I replaced those bolts last year I used Mike Sander's anti rust grease.
The same stuff that I put on the frame. Great stuff. Even after years there
won't be
a problem to get out those bolts again.

Elvis & 6548

--