Lucas' Launchers

Thanks go out to Peter Lucas and his launcher schematic. I designed and
built several variations of electronics so that I could use the existing
wires. Each one failed to perform well. Yesterday I took out the
headliners, which needed to be recovered anyway, hoping to ge to the wiring
harness in the roof. Of course as all of you experienced D owners know, you
can't get them from inside. Well now I know also. So today I took off the T
roof panel and low and behold there were the wires. I wired up a version of
Peter's relay logic circuit and I now belong to the unofficial DMC Launch
Club. It was not the most tedious project but definitely NOT plug and play.
Despite my original intention to make a "solid state" system, the relays are
simple, inexpensive, and they work. One question I had was whether there is
a real need for the relay that prevents a launch when the doors are locked.
Trying to launch with the doors when locked is just like trying to open the
doors when your in the car and forgot to unlock them first. They don't open!
Does this do any damage? While in the doors and working with the ywllow
wire with the whit stripe, I noted each door has 2 of the connected to a
terminal. Only one seems to go to the wire up in the roof. Does anyone know
where the other one from each side goes to? Now that I have done it and it's
fresh in my mind, if anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask.

Dave
6530 (ready for launch!)

ps Are there any thing I should do while I have the doors, headlines and T
panel off???