Re: [DML] firewalls

In a message dated 5/10/03 9:09:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
funkstuf@xxxx writes:

> I am replacing the exhaust system in my Delorean in my restoration.
> I have found that the firewall shield surrounding the catalytic
> converter is not available. Warren at Delorean Motor Co. tells me
> this is not necessary anyway.. I am collecting opinions on this as I
> am investing substantial money here.
> Please offer yours.
> Thanks
> Dale Funk
> Vin 4984

Dale,

you could replace the cat with a cat eliminator pipe
(http://www.dmc-service.nl/Uk/Index_Uk.htm), then you will help free up the
exhaust a bit (Ed Uding claims a 10hp increase) and there won't be any extra
heat generated from a cat so the heatshield is unnecessary.

Andy