Re: [DML] Re: AC quits working when the car stops moving?

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Harold McElraft wrote:

> Can you determine the amp draw at the clutch (SB 3.2 amps)? The reason I
> ask, the clutch runs on the fan 1-2 circuit (fuse 10 - a common meltdown
> fuse), if any of the connections are loose or weak you will get a weak
> clutch engagement.

Thanks for the tip. You were right. If I connect my ammeter across the
clutch circuit and turn on the AC, it draws 2.5 A. If I connect the
clutch directly to the jumpstart post, it draws 3.4 A. Definitely looks
like a weak circuit.

I'll pull out the wiring diagram and start looking it over. Any tips on
hunting this gremlin down?

-andrew
Houston TX