Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!

Re: Celebrities with Deloreans_McCormick?No!

Ok, let's clear things up. There are 2 seperate cars used in the
production of the TV show. The first one was a modified Manta kit
car. Later on in the production of the show, Brian Keith began to
have difficulty getting in and out of the car. So they chopped a
DeLorean to try and match the original Coyote car. Pretty much, the
front end is chopped, and has been shaped simular to the first car.
Same with the back. And then there are the gullwing doors. They've
had the roofpanel portions chopped to make the car have T-tops to try
and match as well.

Sometime back in '98 I believe, someone was trying to sell the car
when an ad for it appeared on classifieds2000.com (back when they
used to run their own ads, and didn't outsource databases). The
asking price was $60K, and I believe someone posted an eyewitness
report of the car, and said that it still had the camera mounts on
it. I don't know what ever became of the car, except while browsing
around about a week ago, I did see a picture of it over on Code 1
Auto's website.
http://www.codeoneauto.com/gallery/coy1.html

Here's a good site with some comparison pics.
http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/coyote/site_coyote/site_coyote.htm

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Elgersma" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Mark,
> Got to disagree with you on the Coyote car from Hardcastle and
> McCormick. Had a look at the website for that car and it is
> definitely not a Delorean, frame maybe? Appears to be some kit car
> from looking at it! Nothing really special from the looks of it!
> Bye
> John E.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> > I asked this question once before with only one celebrity but not
> really famous, and i
> > cant even remember the name.
> >
> > Did you know the Coyote on Hardcastle and McCormick was a
DeLorean,