Re: Klunk

You are going to have to look a lot closer and be more specific. It
could be anything from a C/V joint to a trailing arm bolt to loose lug
nuts, broken muffler bracket, a bad bushing somewhere, this list goes
on and on. Have someone stand next to the car and try to at least
pinpoint the area the noise is coming from and then jack the car up
and inspect. Some clunks coming from the front can be things moving
around in the bonnet. You always have to look for the unexpected.
Today during our Spring Social Rob Grady was inspecting a car that had
a squeaky noise when turning the front wheels side to side. At first
we thought the rack was bad and making the noise but when we stepped
back and looked at the entire front suspension THE FRONT SWAY BAR WAS
INSTALLED UPSIDE DOWN! It was rubbing on the tie rods when the wheels
were turned all the way to one side or the other. Your eyes and ears
are the best diagnostic tools, use them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757