RE: [DML] STILL running a little rich...??

RE: [DML] STILL running a little rich...??

>2. when i start the car cold in the morning and don't let it warm up, the
car
>starts to sputter around 2500-3000 RPM no matter what gear you are in.
this
>continues for only 2 or 3 blocks. extremely short lived problem, but
happens
>almost every time. why?

I had that problem and fixed it (mostly) by adjust the hot/air gate in the
intake tubing. That box with the silver hose for the hot air off the
manifold, and the black elbow out of the pontoon.
If you look at the side of the unit, there is a little tab that moves and
indicates if it is allowing "hot" or "cold" air into the intake. Mine was
sending WAY too much hot air and starving it of good burnable air. (I
think).
If you pull the box out you can adjust the wax-filled thermoadjusterthingy
by screwing it in a little more.
YMMV.

-Kevin