Re: Paint for louver (clarification)

Jim and List,

My recommendations to Dave about louver paint were based upon his
apparent desire to return the louver color to like new appearance.
The Krylon Semi-Flat Black "rattle can" does a pretty good job of
this in a very cost effective manner, for a stock flat black look.

However, if there is no desire to return the look to stock, then
the Armour All treatment is certainly ok (just to get them black)
as long as you do not mind dust attracting to the Armour All like
a magnet. If you have a damaged louver (many need spine repairs)
the repaired sections will most likely need to be painted, so it
is a good time to repaint the whole louver after the repairs.

Since Jim's 3R car already has a gloss, jet black paint job, the
louver probably looks better with a gloss black look than with a
stock flat black look. I personally think that a fresh paint job
on the louvers will make it easier to keep the louvers clean and
looking good, and for those who keep your cars covered often, you
do not need to worry about Armour All getting on the car cover.

On another personal preference note, I have seen several painted
Deloreans with "color coded" painted louvers that really make the
car look outstanding and different. The complete white monochrome
Delorean at the DMCH 2001 Open House car show comes to mind.

To each their own.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>