Re: "False Air" = "Vacuum Leak"

You ask a very good question, Where does the air come from for the
idle speed motor? A quick look at the picture on D:05:01 gives a
simple answer. The idle speed motor bypasses the THROTTLE PLATES not
the air sensor. An air leak in this circuit not only upsets the air
fuel ratio but also causes a loss of speed control by the idle circuit
and the throttle plates. This is a very important reason the air tube
going into the mixture unit underneath must not leak at the "O" ring
seal. If there are no vacuum leaks then all of the air the idle system
gets is measured by the air sensor plate.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>