Re: [DML] PRV engine output

The big problem with all below the "light cost effective" suggestions relate to the odd-firing of the DeLorean PRV. My engine guy has said that you can only really go higher than 230hp reliably on a 2.85l odd-fire PRV by upping the idlespeed and using daft cams. For practical use, 220-230 is the maximum. A little more can be had with the 3l pistons, lightened to the same weight as 2.85. This is as high as you'll go with the engine *looking* stock.

Martin

Senatorpack@xxxx wrote:

[MODERATOR NOTE: The message forwarded to the DML from another list. Mike Pack got the author's permission to reproduce it here. -Mike Substelny, DML moderating team]

This information was sent to me from the PRV Six engine list.

Best Regards,
Mike Pack

Hello,

Without knowing what kind of PRV engine is in question, and targeted power
level, it is difficult to give pinpointed engine tuning advice. Of course
there is best practices to follow, here is my thoughts...

Probably 'routes' to increase an PRV engine output is;

For 'light cost effective' tuning (natural aspirated);

- increase induction system efficiency (headers, free flow mufflers, larger
exhaust pipes and maybe inlet manifold, throttle body etc.)
- install 'performance' camshafts or camshafts from more powerful PRV model
like Peugeot ZPJ. (check the current and Peugeot engine firing order
compatibility).
- tune fuel delivery and spark advance in dyno.

- or maybe complete engine swap, with necessary electronics.
- install Kemira metal catalysators.