Re: [DML] DeLorean Lawyer News Story

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tonilfhs98@xxxx wrote:
> Is he the same attorney that drove DeLorean into bankruptcy
recently a year
> or two ago?
> Bill K

No, Gerald Scotti was a former FBI agent who quit his job because of
John DeLorean's arrest. When it was stated the JZD was set up, that
isn't an exaggeration. BEFORE JZD was arrested, the FBI had already
sent out requests to reporters for a news conference, and had
champange ready. DeLorean's only contact with drugs were when he
picked up, and then dropped the kilo back into the suit case. As soon
as this took place, agents in the ajoining room were cheering,
toasting to each other, and bragging about promotions and fame.
Scotti who worked on the case knew that not only did JZD have no
interest in a drug deal, and not only was he pressured into the deal
with threats people of murdering his family, but Scotti new the case,
and specificly saw that in the planning of the so called "drug deal"
niether JZD, nor DMC had any part of the deal in it's architecture.
He didn't put up any money, he did launder any money, and he didn't
traffic any product. And this is what was proven to a jury, with the
help of Gerald Scotti. He saw on the monitors the whole bust as it
went down live. He new that what the FBI was doing to DeLorean was
wrong, and that it would ruin his life forever both professionally,
and personally. So in disgust, he quit shortly after, and ended up
testifying for the defense to help save John DeLorean. The rest is
history.

To read about the man committing a suicide/murder is to say the
least, beyond shocking. I don't know much about the man, but in
pictures I've seen of him, he appeared pretty stable to me.

In the end, I guess we'll have to write this in as yet another
strange turn in the DeLorean story...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"