Re: Delorean

Changing the fuel filter is not a bad idea but I don't think it will
correct the problem. I think the problem is in the fuel tank. Either
the pickup hose is collapsing, has a split in it, or is kinked. You
might also not have the baffle positioned correctly or parts might be
missing or broken. Remove the fuel pump and drain the tank. Wipe it
out and remove the baffle (hint, you have to disassemble it inside so
you can fold it to remove). Inspect all the parts, clean and replace.
If the pickup hose (the formed, bent one) is soft or has any splits or
holes it needs to be replaced. You should get the correct formed one
and only the "D" venders sell it (don't get shocked at the price, you
were warned!). You might also need new boots for the fuel pump, don't
cheap out here this is an area of concern, you don't want any fuel
leaks or vapors escaping. When reinstalling the fuel pump great care
must be taken so as not to turn the pump when installing into the
boot, kinking the pickup hose. If you have to, place a mark with a
magic marker, on the pump so after you put it in you can see at a
glance if it is correctly oriented. Make sure to get the wires from
the pump into the 2 grooves on the boot so the top boot fits
correctly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Miller" <msmiller9732@xxxx>
wrote:
> here is my problem, when my fuel is about at 1/2 a tank the cars
starts to sputter a little bit. when I go the gas station and fuel up,
and top it off, it runs great,