Thoughts on BTTF Conversions???

Goodday from the middle of Tornado Alley :)

As I mentioned earlier, I bought a Delorean last week and am
enjoying the heck out of it.

Amidst all my technical questions, I thought I would throw this one
out to you. I'd greatly value your thoughts/comments...

I purchased this car to convert to a Back to the Future Time
Machine. Funnily enough when I tell someone about it - they look at
me like I'm insane and say "you're gonna tear that up?" or "you'll
kil the value of it"...

Does anyone agree with that assesment?

For what its worth, here is a little more about me and just WHY I'm
taking on this project...

By day I'm an Architectural Graphics Coordinator for and
Architectural and Engineering firm here in downtown Tulsa. Away from
work I'm a movie prop builder and conceptual designer. My most
current project can be seen here:

http://www.astromech.net/gallery/builders/GaryWeaverII/

This was a full scale Radio Controlled R2-D2 replica from Star Wars.
These units were completely aluminum and custom fabricated with Full
Radio Control capabilities. I loved doing it, but once I was
finished I needed a bigger challenge.

Since I've always loved the Delorean and Back to the Future, I felt
this would be a perfect next project. This is not going to be a case
of some poorly built, cheaply made, inaccurate replica. So far I've
talked with people involved in the production and have had contact
with some of the formost collectors in the BTTF genre. This will be
one of the best "fan-built" replicars out there.

I think my question is - is it the right thing to do with a mid-
level quality Delorean?

-Gary Weaver II