slight door adjustment necessary?

List,

last fall i had my pass side torsion bar tightened by one spline. of course
i first checked my struts which were ok. this caused the pass side door to
open just like the driver's side, all the way up. this winter while working
on the car i was having a little difficulty closing the pass side door all
the way because for one reason or another the second final latch latch on the
rear of the door was having a tough time engaging. i figured it was just the
cold. well now that the car is out and it is spring, the door closes
perfectly every time however i am having trouble opening the door. if I try
to open it by the door handle, it is very tight and almost feels like it will
break. however, if i slightly press in on the door on the molding right
behind the handle, it opens perfectly.

what type of adjustment is necessary to correct this? i'm afraid a passenger
will break my door handle!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596