Re: [DML] Re: aluminum coolant pipes

I had a pinhole leak in one of my engine compartment coolant pipes. Since
it was only a pinhole, I was successfully able to repair it with a little
JB Weld. It was caused by the clamp sitting back too far, allowing the
hose to balloon out around the pipe and trap coolant. The clamp should
have been cinched up against the 'bump' in the pipe, instead it was at the
end of the hose (I hope this makes sense). After I discovered this, I
changed out the hoses on my car & put the clamps in better positions.
Luckily, no other problems detected.

I did find quite a few of the hose clamps in bad spots, so it might be
worth checking out as a preventative measure.

-Luke
10270