Does FanZilla use the Cooling Fan Breaker or not ?

Does FanZilla use the Cooling Fan Breaker or not ?

Does FanZilla use the Cooling Fan Breaker or not ?

FanZilla has had an added feature which eliminates the need for the Cooling
Fan Circuit Breaker. The breaker does not need to be removed, replaced or
bypassed with a jumper.
It's no longer in circuit nor is it needed for anything.

How can I tell if my FanZilla is a Newer Series 2 unit ?

Inspect the 2 plugs.
If the plug with the shorter wire harness has an Orange wire, Black wire and
a Yellow wire in it, it's the Newer Series-2 FanZilla. If not, it's the
older Series-1.

What should I do if I have an older Series-1 ?

Over many years, the Cooling Fan Circuit Breakers have shown themselves to be
more trouble than they're worth. In my mind, it's a product quality issue.
These breakers shouldn't run hot, but more often than not, they do. This heat
creates problems of it's own. Complete breaker Failure is possible, but more
commonly, they will cycle off and on. Not good.
In theory, if you have a good dependable breaker, you should be in good
shape....... However, what constitutes a good breaker these days ? No one
really knows.
As a result, we've eliminated it from the "loop" completely.

How about just bypassing the breaker with a jumper wire?

Well, this in itself can open up a can of worms.
If you do this incorrectly ( poorly ) the wire or connections may become very
hot. Not good.
Secondly, you have now modified the car....
If you sell it, the next owner now has no breaker ( penny in the fuse box
)...... If the FanZilla is missing, the new owner might pop in ( God forbid
) an old Blue DeLorean Fan fail module. Now the system has NO electrical
protection at all. This is just 1 possible scenario.
I just don't recommend this.

I have a Series-1. Should I panic ?

Heck no. Speaking personally, I've changed my breaker twice in 20 years.
Other owner experiences will vary.
As DeLorean owners, we should all be keenly aware of engine temp at all
times. There are a great number of things that can cause overheating
ESPECIALLY in the summer heat.

However,
If you have a Series-1 FanZilla and would like it upgraded to Series-2 it can
be done for a modest fee.
For details email Zilla at ZillaDeLorean@xxxx

Bob Zilla
DeLoreanParts.com