Re: Re: [DML] Fuel Octane

I agree that 89 isn't what would be considered high octane. I can't see any
problem using that in a combustion chamber designed for "regular" fuel. I'm
a bit curious though why you're running the spark retarded 3 degrees. The
DeLorean spec calls for 13 degrees advanced and 10 is 3 degrees closer to
top dead center. With 89 octane fuel and your hotter ignition system why not try
advancing to 15 degrees and see if you notice any pinging. If not, you'll
see a bit less fuel consumption and maybe a bit more power. As seasonal temps go up you may begin to experiance some pre-detonation though so it's a "play it by ear" thing.

Bruce Benson
vin 6870