Re: trans swap

The economics of the swap don't make sense. Even if you buy the bigger
parts cheap there are a lot of clips, bolts, wires, etc that need to
be changed. For instance if you want to remove the trans cooler you
will need the pipe to replace it with. The wiring changes because of
the starter inhibit relay and the back-up lights. The best case would
be a totaled donor car so you could move everything that you need. If
you are doing this because the auto trans is not working right it
would be much cheaper to try to fix it than convert. The automatic can
be made reliable and will give good service, it just can't perform
like the 5-speed.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757