Re: [DML] trans swap

The frame is only different in the area of the shifter mechanism and
the difference is not difficult to overcome (with an air chisel or
some spacers, depending on which way you are going). I don't recall
which, but one mounts higher than the other. Worst case you'll have
to cut out and fabricate a new metal plate where the shifter mounts.

You need to change the shifter, flywheel, pedal box including master
cylinder, trans mounts, and add the clutch line. That's about it.
Overall cost is all over the place depending on what you pay for the
parts. Buy the clutch assembly and all the hydraulics NEW.

BTW - if you NEED a manual transmission for this effort, contact me
off-list. As part of a project we have come into a few good spares
that I'm rebuilding (open, clean-up, fix the rollpin, new seals
etc.). Rich or Eric G may also have a pedal setup -

Another thought - it would probably be cheaper and easier to sell
your car and buy the right one.

Dave Swingle dswingle(AT)dmcnews.com