Lower Control Arms

Hello List - I wanted to ask a specific question to any of you "metal
heads" out there. Does anyone happen to know the alloy and temper of
the OEM lower control arms? Assuming that part of the problem stems
from improper stress relieving after welding, this information can be
used to prescribe an appropriate stress relief process, for those that
want it. I could probably have a lab workup done on a piece of an
LCA, but if anybody has a ready answer, that would be great. Of
course, this may not be the ONLY cause for the failures. Corrosion
pitting, impact damage, and hard use can all lead to some form of
failure. But, if we can get the parts to relax during refinishing,
that would definitely help. This information would also be good if
somebody were to weld pieces onto the LCA to "box it in" a little for
added stiffness. The same stress relief should be done after that.
Thanks a bunch for any information you might have handy.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1