[DML] Re: Cold help

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I've been wondering this for years:
> When referring to these three screws, everybody always emphasizes
that
> they need to be closed "LIGHTLY". Why, exactly, can't I close them
> "moderately" or even "tightly"? Is there actually a reason, or is
this
> a DeLorean urban myth?
>
> --Pete Lucas
> VIN #06703

The screws are wide at the top , but become smaller at the bottom,
sort of like a hourglass shape. So, if you screw them down too
tightly, they will snap right off at the thinnest point. I don't
think this really causes any problems with the car, other than just
an out of place reminder that you'll look at reminding you that you
snapped off the bolts because you were not careful enough while
working on the car. Or atlest this is the feeling I get after
learning the hard way to *gently* tighten the screws down. :|
Otherwise, the screws will still seal just fine.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"