Re: Electrical Mess

The otterstadt switch has several failure modes. If you suspect the
switch just remove the 2 wires. That should stop the fans if the A/C
is off. Now using a straightened paper clip connect them together, the
both fans should run. If they do not work as described there is still
a problem in the car's wiring. If it does work correctly but not when
the switch is hooked up replace the otterstadt switch AND seal. DO NOT
USE ANY SEALER ON THE SILICONE SEAL. It will cause it to fail. Make
sure to use the clip and if you don't have it to hold in the switch
you can use a strap-tie. As you see it is not always easy to excise
out all of the wiring modifacations from previous owners. Use the
wiring diaghrams in the Workshop Manual to try to return it to stock.
You should start at the fuse block trying to return it to stock first
with either a fan fail bypass or a relay system like Fanzilla. Do not
use the blue fan fail relay, it may have already failed. It is
difficult to give you guidance when the system isn't stock as there is
no way now to know what you have and how it is supposed to work. It
may get down to going over the car 1 wire at a time.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil Priestley <phil@xxxx> wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version of
CommuniGate(tm) Pro*