Re: Cold help

There are a lot of things that could cause it to misbehave at idle.
Check the 3 brass screws on the intake, they should be LIGHTLTY closed
(clockwise). Make sure you hear the frequency valve buzzing on the
right valve cover. Fix any vacuum leaks (like a hissing mode switch).
Make sure the throttle spool is activating the idle micro. Check the
vent hose on the control pressure regulater that it isn't kinked or
blocked with dirt. Look at the air sensor plate, it should be centered
and not rubbing the sides. Maybe it's time for an air filter, and on
and on and on. Sometimes it is all this and more. Every little thing
that is off just makes the engine run worse and worse. Could be dirty
or clogged fuel injectors, bad spark plugs or wires, the list goes on.
Sometimes the only way to deal with these kinds of quality problems is
to just start from the beginning and do a COMPLETE tune-up. I do not
recommend indescrimantly "tweaking" things to solve a problem. Most of
the time you cannot fix these kinds of things by adjusting them out.
You are only covering up the underlying problem, not correcting it.
KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE MIXTURE SCREW, YOU WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS
WORSE. Just make sure the plug over it is sealing tight so there are
no vacuum leaks.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757