Re: Brake Fluid

Hello, Jason.
Please read post # 26934 here on the DeLorean Mailing List and
you will find your answer to your brake fluid question. Or if you
would rather have an answer now it's Castrol GTLMA brake fluid (DOT
4).
I personally use Super Blue Racing brake fluid imported from
Germany. Bought it in Seattle, WA at AutoSport. The 1 litre can
cost about $9 and on it's label it states Dry boiling point: 280
degrees C (536 F), 50 C (122 F) above DOT 4. Wet boiling point: 200
C (392 F), 45 C (113 F) above DOT 4. I sincerely hope the brake
fluid you get has some recommendations on how often to change it and
some caution or warning labels.
Boy was I an IDIOT (here on the DML you are only allowed to call
yourself an IDIOT) when I bought this brake fluid. The guy behind
the counter tells me all the guys who race cars use this stuff. And
the reason it's called Super Blue Racing cause it's blue. Then I
ask, "Well can I still see through it to check for any contaminates
in the brake fluid reservoir?" He checks with some one and they
say, "Yes." Bull $&!:(! The fluid is too dark when the reservoir is
full to see anything but dark, dark blue. Now, I just assume there
are no contaminates.
When bleeding the brakes just take a look around and check that
you have at least some life left in your brake pads and there is no
extraordinary amount of dirt around the brake calipers it could mean
you have fluid leaking and dirt is attracted to it.

Mark R. Vanyo VIN #02261
Not afraid to sign his name.
Yahoo! ID outatym2001
outatym = my license plate, 2001 = the year I bought my 'D'

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jason Rowe" <rowejj@xxxx> wrote:

Hello All,
I think spring may actually be here now so it's time to get the
aprilia and delorean ready to come out. I would like to flush the
brake fluid and replace with new but I can't remember what kind of
fluid was recommended. I tried searching the archives but didn't see
it anywhere. I'm thinking it was castrol of some kind. Can anyone
tell me? Also, is there anything else I should do to the calipers
or master cylinder while I'm at it?

Thanks in advance.....................Jason #5903