Re: [DML] Re: strange "knuckle" on bumper

Re: [DML] Re: strange "knuckle" on bumper

In a message dated 3/9/03 11:58:20 AM Central Standard Time,
jtrealty@xxxx writes:

> Something may have previously beem mounted there. It sounds like a
> kind of riv-nut with internal threads. It could have been for the
> bracket for the front license plate or a medallion. If it doesn't
> bother you too much you can leave it alone or put a front license
> plate over it. If your facias are in need of repainting then you can
> repair the spot before repainting.

One cheap fix for this would be:

If you can remove the insert and leave just a hole (i think you said it was
fairly small, like nickel-sized?) you can go a large hardware store (i have
only seen them at one hardware store, where i bought them), and you can find
these trim caps that are of various sizes that you pop into the hole to cover
it up. they come in black delrin plastic. they will only stick out maybe 2mm
and they are slanted around its circumference so it doesn't look like crap,
it blends in. once you detail the bumper with tire shine or something it is
very unnoticeable. i got the idea from another MNDMC owner.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102