Re: How do you jack these things up?

You are correct, do not try to jack up or hold up the car with the
fiberglass underbody. Get a floor jack that is very low. Put a short
piece of 2x4 on the lifting pad. Place just behind the crumple tube in
the front center of the car and lift the front. Place jackstands under
the loops of steel on both sides of the car making sure the top of the
jackstands line up as you lower the car. For the rear lift in the
center under the motor (you might not be able to use the wood so use a
rag on the jack so you don't scrtach the paint) and then place the
jackstands under the lower shock absorber mount. This is a little
tricky because as you lower the car the point will move a little and
you don't want to rub on the tire. If you are patient and careful it
is easy to do. I call this the "Hover Mode". Raise the car as high as
you can so you can work under it. THIS MUST BE DONE ON A HARD LEVEL
SURFACE like a concrete garage floor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757