Re: Master Brake Cylinder & ...

The most common cause of cooling fan motor failure is worn brushes.
The first sign may be intermittant operation. Cleaner sometimes helps
temporaraly. Tapping on the side with a small hammer may also help.
The only "fix" is replacement or at least opening the motor and
replacing the worn brushes. Recomend doing both as they both have the
same run time unless one was ever changed. Contact John Harvey, I
think he rebuilds them and get a price. Check the epoxy in the area
the brake fluid (AKA paint remover) soaked it. It causes the epoxy to
soften and loose it's adhesion to the metal. Even though it drys and
rehardens it is no longer attached to the metal and should be cracked
off and the metal repainted to prevent moisture from rusting the metal
underneath.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctordhd@xxxx wrote:
> Many thanks to all those who volunteered their helpful ideas and
information
> about the master brake cylinder. The repair has been performed with a
> remanufactured unit purchased at a local auto supply for $95.50. It
is an
> A-1 Cardone unit, part #11-2329 and corresponded to a 1982 Saab 900,
as many