Re: [DML] misaligned door

Eric,

Ack! If you're fortunate enough to have doors that close properly LEAVE THEM ALONE.

At the factory, the doors were fitted first and then the remaining panels were hung for the correct fit. If there is a gap, you'll need to move the panels (and probably end up going all the way around the car, lol).

However, the gap you're seeing sounds like it's all at the T-Panel, which is notorious for being misaligned. It was installed over foam that deteriorates over time. The T-Panel can be R&R'd with relative ease but I have never done it
myself. Check the archives, as this has come up repeatedly over the years.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX