Re: [DML] Re: Cooling Fan Failure.

Be careful spraying cleaner inside the case of the motor. This will wash out
any grease that is left in the bearing causing earlier failure. The proper
way to repair them is to take them apart and replace the brushes, clean them
and re grease the bearings with the proper grease. WD40 or wheel bearing
won't work. It has to be a High and low temp light grease that will stay in
the bearing.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< > Of course as luck would have it while checking on
> the repair, I found out that one of my fan motors is not working.
It turns
> freely and has voltage at its connector. Are there any known
failure modes
> or repair tricks you could share with me?

I have the same problem with my fans. If I drive thru standing water,
it will splash up and gum up the brushes inside. A fix that will work
is electric motor cleaner. Shove the little straw inside the drain
hole on the bottom of the casing, and spray away. Just make sure that
you wear protective eyewear when doing this.