DMC+Speedbump=OUCH

I took a speedbump at a slow speed today (10MPH?) and WHACK, something didn't sound right and the steering felt loose, like I had a flat.

I walked around the car several times and bounced all the corners, but everything checked out OK so I continued my drive. It was then I realized that, to drive straight, I had to hold the steeing wheel 45 degrees to the right, so I limped it home. I've hit bumps, potholes, and dips WAY harder than that before.

The question becomes: what did I break? I'm assuming what I either bent a tie-rod or mangled a suspension part. Could I have crunched the front shock tower? There was never any sign of rust on the frame, only minor epoxy cracking that I consider normal for a 100K+ mile car.

Doh.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX