Re: DeLorean pricing

You have to understand what you are getting for that price and what it
costs to get there.
Cost to aquire car to be rebuilt(including transportation)
Parts
Labour
Overhead
Profit
Warranty
Some owners will do the work themselves so take out labour
Some owners will not count anything for overhead (but it costs-ask the
wife!)
If you do your own work you are the warranty
You work cheap so there is no profit except maybe if you sell the car?
Parts, depends on how much you actually do and if you get any used
parts, DMC Houston won't put used parts in.
Depending on how well you buy the car, it's initial condition, and how
nice you want to make it, and of course how much you can do yourself
you could be anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 when you are all done.
How much would you pay for a new car if you went to your local dealer
and said I'll take that one over there? For anything decent I would
guess it would be somewhere near $30,000. Gee, looking at it like that
the Delorean from Houston could be a good deal. Especially if you are
not too handy or just don't want to get your hands dirty! Many of us
just do it for the enjoyment and sense of accomplishment. Dollars and
cents only enter into the equation because we have to pay the parts
bill! If I only knew then what I know now!!!!!!!! I always recomend to
buy the best car you can afford because anything you have to do will
only cost you more to do then if you can get it that way better!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757