RE: [DML] Frame Epoxy Cracking

Tony,
Once the front crumple zone starts to rust it's a pain to really stop it. And if it's rusting there, you can bet there are cracks in the epoxy elsewhere on the frame in boxed areas that you will not be able to get to. The metal in the frame is very thin. Most of the bulk you see and feel is actually just thick epoxy. I would knock the rust out of it aggressively with a body hammer and coat liberally with POR-15. Then don't ever drive it in the salt and keep it as dry as possible. From a durability standpoint in my mind, the epoxy coating was a real blunder.
Jim 6147