Re: [DML] Digest Number 1388

Hi DML:

I don't have a D yet...but still dreaming and drooling. I do have the
Impulses, Conquests, ZX's, and SVX's and the parts getting Pathfinder.

I have been here reading the list for a long while hoping that some
interesting info might be useful in my Impulses..

Anyway, there was a post about the headliner falling down. :)
Well, of all of my babies that I have pulled from the yard or bought severely
neglected had the same headliner problems...

I just wanted to point out that Joann's fabrics (craft/sewing chain) has 5
different colors of headliner material (fabric with the foam backing) for
about $10/yard.

They are always willing to order for you! :) At least my local ones love me
to death!
LOL!

www.joann.com

I emailed them a while ago about finding other colors so that I can put one
of my Impulses back stock for the Carlisle car show 5/2/03.

Here are the sku's that way they can order them for you. It takes less than
2yards.
Black: 3496072
Dark Blue:3496056
Grey: 3496064
Maroon: 3496080
Royal Blue: 3496106
Tan: 3496098

Also, I have used a product for dying carpets on the headliner material
since the Dark Blue isn't really the Dolphin blue of my Impulse interior. I
took this product and sprayed it on a piece of scrap headliner material...
You know, just to see what would happen and if I could use it! :)

It is made by Dye Pro International. You can buy the 400$ kit to do every
color of the rainbow or you can buy individual bottles from
www.topoftheline.com for about $10/bottle (and you have to buy the color
chart for $20?) that makes about 1/2gal of color. You use a spray bottle like
for killing weeds from Lowes for about 8$ and LIGHTLY SPRAY THE HEADLINER
MATERIAL. I didn't soak it and so far it looks decent! I might just use it
for my car! :)

Hey! You never know unless you try it! I remember the time 9 years ago when
I used Rit Dye to dye the carpets of my 85.5 Impulse --cut in half and soak
in a baby pool for 3 weeks! And crochet hooks can be found in my tool box!
LOL!

I buy individual bottles of this dye from the auction that I go to every
Tuesday... MAG(formerly MasonDixon Auto Auction), Greencastle, PA. if you are
in the neighborhood! :) They don't have you buy the color charts since you
can look at theirs and pick your color.

I hope this is of some use to you. ;)

Anna Noe
IZCC 2524