Re: [DML] Rebuilding starters

I had a similar problem with the starter, and spoke at
length about it with Warren at DMC (Texas). He said
that many of the internal parts in the starter are
non-existent, and anyone who says they rebuild them
are only disassembling and cleaning them up. ----<snip>

Rebuilding a starter mostly involves simply cleaning it out,replacing the brushes (I gurantee that the brushes that fit do exsist since almost all are similar) and replacing failed relays.It is fairly easy to order replacement relays and selenoids that work.If anything else has failed (like the field coils are burned) then it is junk anyway and cheaper and faster to get a new one.