rich fuel mixture and "clicking" noise

Hopefull Someone can help.

I have two issues. First it would be appreciated if
someone could tell me how to adjust the fuel mixture.
The car runs very rich and when you first start the
car you can't touch the gas pedal until the car warms
up or it will die.

Second, when I drive the car, the car makes a
"clicking" noise that I can't locate. (click, click,
click) The odd thing is that when I press the brake
pedal half way down the clicking stops when I release
the pedal it starts again. I have had the brakes
checked and the problem doesn't seem to be there.
Someone told me that it is a cable that runs from the
front to the back of the car, in some sort of a
channal, I have no idea. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, my car is vin 00614, a pre-production car with
5,000 miles that I am thinking of selling if anyone
has an interest.

Thanks

Larry #614