Re: [DML] Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!

Re: [DML] Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!

The Delorean that I "saved" when building the 97 Delorean time machine was a total basket case.

The car had been underwater for 4 months. the engine was shot, so was the transmission. the interior was totally rotten. and the were 6 rats nests including damaged wiring from the rats. The fuel system parts in the gas tank were totally corroded.

The stainless was painted imron black so it had to be totally stripped. Luckily there were only to dings in the stainless. This basket case cost $3000.

Needless to say people thought I was a little crazy trying to restore this car. However, this gave me the opportunity to make the delorean. Aluminum V8, 4 speed automatic, real full size windows. etc.

I was able to sell the engine and trans for spare parts, also the rear louver. Otherwise, the rest was garbage. EVERYthing on the car had to be rebuilt.

Now i have the Delorean that I always wanted. I hot rod that I can cruise in with the windows fully open.

If I had the time and money I would do it again, so my son can have one. The think about restoring DeLoreans, (especially with SS frames) will last virtually forever. No other car can be expected to last this long without additional periodic restoration. Release that DeLorean can be the Family heirloom of the Future.

These trashed deloreans are opportunities not to restore the car to stock, but to make BETTER Deloreans to improve and update it so it will last forever.