[DML] Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Originator's comment

[DML] Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Originator's comment

Fellow members,
As the originator of this discussion, I must say that those that
spoke up on this sad Ebay car have said all the right things that
some cars are never going to be parts cars! It is one method of
making our cars worth more in the long run by driving other cars into
the grave with an early retirement. It is still sad to see any
Delorean at a Auto-wrecker whatever condition it may be in. I can
only picture the condition that the car could have been in if some
owners would just have taken better care of their jewel of Ireland by
doing a little preventative maintenance and abide to recalls on the
car. Seeing burned-out Deloreans is just not right but it happens. If
there are moth-balled Deloreans out there in Mini-Storages, once they
come out of their coccoon, lets make sure that their headlights see
highway again. I am all for it, guys!! Lets save those Deloreans that
can still be transformed into a nice looking car. Many kids, that now
have seen the DVD Back to the Future movies are going to look for a
Delorean, just like I did back in 1985. We have to make sure that
these cheaper cars are available to them. Most of us can not afford
these 25k$$ cars with 2000 miles. Big deal, I have a Delorean to
drive as much as I can during the dry season, not to look at in my
garage and tell my friends my car has only 2000 miles on it and
holding!! Cars are meant to be driven!!

John
10250
BC, Canada