Re: new V6 and PRV variants

Hi All

As some of you are aware, I have "found" a guy who's an expert on PRVs. He is building my
new engine for #4426 to a stock configuration. He is seeing this as an excercise as the
engine is not a variant he has built before*. He has already agreed to then take my
(working) engine from #1458 and have a go with performance modifications, keeping the
appearance stock (something he appreciates as he himself owns a concours winning Renault
30)

I've been pestering him since before Christmas on the possibilities for "drop-in" PRV
replacements for the DeLorean - and I have a very good idea of what's possible, however I
want Darren to write it up himself with more detail. There are 3 basic possibilities

1) Keeping the engine looking stock: About 230bhp is possible (this would include using 3
litre pistons). The limiting factor is the K-Jet system and what happens at idle as the
cams get wild)

2) Non-stock EFI 3 litre even-fire engine: Over 300hp is possible, even more with the
24valve version, unfortunately the exhaust ports are in a different configuration (they
are oval), so it'll take someone to get a set of headers made by Stainless-Exhaust to
match the existing system. 300hp is still possible with the 12v version.

3) Turbocharged: Based on the Renault 25 turbo engine, a reliable 400hp is possible with
a rebuilt variant of this engine to match the build of the Alpines. This would require
extra plumbing on the air intake side to include an intercooler, and the exhaust would
have to be custom made.

What it comes down to is knowing what parts from which versions of the PRV will fit
together and what the results would be. This is what I'm trying to get Darren to sit down
and write up for everyone. Watch this space. He can and has built engines to order in all
the above configurations.

* For the record it has a DMC specific sump, Renault 30 sandwich plate and block, plus
the belts, pulleys and AC compressor are all Renault 30 except for the water pump pulley
which is DMC specific as the R30 has a fan on it. Heads, cams, crank and pistons plus
injection system are all Volvo.

Martin