Stuck Throttle Cable.

This morning on my way to work. I started having a problem with my
gas pedal only wanting to go down half way. I tapped the pedal a bit,
and it finally came loose. Then suddenly while taking off from a stop
light, my gas pedal hit the floor, and wouldn't come back up. I hit
the clutch, and my RPM's redlined. I tapped the pedal, got no
response, so I killed the engine, and pulled over to stop. Inspecting
the throttle spool, I discovered that the microswitch washer had come
loose, and one side was totally disconnected. This allowed the waser
to spin around, and wedged my throttle spool in place. Luckily, the
other screw was loose enough that I was able to unbolt the
microswitch, remove it, and continue on my way to work without
incident.

I don't normaly like posting every little thing that happens to my
car (both good or bad), but I did want to pass this info along as an
FYI to make sure that the screws are tight the next time anyone needs
to remove their intake.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"