Re: Nose/Eyebrows (clip)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle <dswingle@xxxx>"
<dswingle@xxxx> wrote:
> Short answer - glued to the inside top of the facia with Urethane
> windshield adhesive. NOTHING else will stick.
> Dave Swingle

I have to defend the honor of my favorite glue, PC-7, which also
sticks quite well to the fasciae.

I repaired my car's eyebrows in a manner similar to Dave. Basically
the differences are that in my front fascia, I used a single 1/2" by
1/8" steel bar, bent to shape, instead of two shorter aluminum bars,
and the glue used. The steel bar goes from one side of the fascia to
the other, covering both headlights, glued into the crevice on the
inside of the leading edge of the fascia. To my understanding, most
people who've repaired their eyebrows have used two shorter pieces,
one above each headlight. I suppose that's the only way to do it
with the fascia on the car.

The steel bar is glued into my fascia with PC-7. It was necessary to
have the fascia off, to do it, as I had to clamp the bar in place
while the glue cures overnight, so it wouldn't migrate. This, in my
opinion, is a very good reason to do it Dave's way, if you're doing
it on the car. I don't think I could have clamped the joint
effectively with the fascia on the car.

As someone who's repaired his car's eyebrows, I reflexively
scrutinize any DeLorean I see to see how their fascia is holding up.
I've seen Dave's car, and immediately noticed the distinct absense of
eyebrows, which seem to be present on nearly all DeLoreans. His
front fascia is extremely correct looking.
Either method produces comparable, and very good results. I can't
tell them apart from the outside.

Other things I've on my DeLorean with PC-7:

fixed fascia cracks
attached replacement fascia studs (every single one of them, damnit I
hate them)
mounted the fuel filler entry in its new location on the left rear
fender
reset rivnuts in damaged underbody material
set the mounting points for the rear transmission controller board.
other things I'm forgetting, I'm sure.

Rick Gendreau
11472