watch out for dishonest sellers!!!

hey guys,
this might remind those of you looking to buy a DMC, that sellers
are not always entirely honest (or sometimes even remotely honest!)
about the car they are trying to sell so be careful if you buy a car
sight unseen over the internet, i.e. off Ebay.
Anyway, what happened to me was that I saw the ad on dmcnews.com,
emailed the seller (Andrew J. Block, who at the time lived in
Weatherly, Pennsylvania, and has now moved to Phoneix, Arizona) and
asked about the condition of the car, etc. He emailed back, and
based on what he said in his email and on 2 photographs of the car,
I drove the 500 miles trip to check it out/buy it. I did buy the car
that day, and it was a good deal, but still he was fairly dishonest
about it. This all happened around February 2002.
He said there was no rust anywhere on the car, but there was some on
the Front frame extension. I noticed it on the day and considered it
minor enough that I could tackle it myself, and sure enough it has
been nicely protected with POR-15 now...
He said the body had no dents, and on the day, I didn't see any.
But, there were 2 small dents on the passenger door, that I only
noticed when one night a few days later, a light shone across them
making them easier to see, and they've been annoying me to look at
ever since!! Ah well, those dents are my own fault for not looking
at the bodywork very closely on the day.
Now this next bit is the bit that bugs me the most!
He sent me 2 pics of the car. Or so he said. Actually he stole them
off the DeLorean canada website... here's the 2 pics...
http://www.geocities.com/deloreancanada/leduc1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/deloreancanada/leduc2.jpg

I only noticed this today as I was browsing the website, I suppose
Andrew Block thought I'd never know, but it was in my opinion a very
dishonest trick.

My point is, this guy was this dishonest about a car I had a chance
to see and drive before I handed over any money. Imagine how
dishonest some sellers could be if you never meet them or see the
car before handing over thousands of you hard earned dollars!!

The car I bought off him is in really great shape, I just hate the
way he went about selling it. If I was back again, (or whenever I
buy a 2nd DeLorean) I'll be much more cautious.

My advice is to look a car up and down, make sure there are no
dents, rust, and that everything works as described. If not, use it
as a bargaining tool to get a better deal, or walk away. There seems
to be plenty good value DeLoreans out there, so you don't have to
buy the first one you see!

Good luck to all searching for their dream car! And don't anybody
ever buy a car off Andrew J. Block living in Phoneix, AZ!!!

John Dore, Ireland, VIN #3810.