Re: Questions on maintaining please help

Re: Questions on maintaining please help

If your budget allows $20-25,000 for aquisition of a clean Delorean
and you don't want too many problems then since you are in NY contact
P. J. Grady and they will get you a car. For a car in this price range
it will be a low mileage car with most of the maintainence items
attended to and be very clean cosmeticaly. The other way to go is to
buy a "driver" for $12-15,000 and spend $8,000-10,000 to get it up to
that level. It is a matter of time and money. Before you spend any
money make sure to at least have someone who knows Deloreans look it
over so you don't spend $25,000 for a car worth $15,000. You won't be
happy overpaying for a car that needs a lot of work.
For ongoing maintainence and repairs a budget of around $1,000 a year
will cover it of course depending on how much you use it and if you do
anything yourself or where you have work done. This does not include
insurance, especially if you don't have collector insurance that is
mileage limited (2,500 miles per year). This includes the occasional
tune-up, tires, battery, etc.(Things you don't buy every year)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcburn75 <dmcburn75@xxxx>"
<dmcburn75@xxxx> wrote:
> ( This subject comes up about twice a week. Searching the archives
at www.dmcnews.com will bring up lots of previous discussion regarding
this. Maybe a private response would save the rest of the subscribers
from reading the same story again. Moderator )

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been interested in a DeLorean for many years now. I have
> researched feverishly on maintaining the car but I find myself a bit
> hazy on this topic. My budget will be anywhere from 20-25k for a
> DeLorean. My question is essentially what has been your experience
> with maintaining the automobile? Lets assume I purchase a vehicle
that
> has been taken care of through out its life, has most or all
upgrades
> done, frame is in great shape and cosmetically up to par. I also
need
> to mention I plan on driving the car 12k mi a year.?. How much money
> will I have to invest in the car per year? And as far as inevitable
> fixes such as alts, batteries, tires, oil change, tune ups etc?.
Will