Re: GEICO Insurance Co.

I called GEICO 2 years ago when inquiring about a policy with them
for my DeLorean. I ended up no going with them because of their rates
of $2400 every six months! But at that time they had no problem with
the car at all, and it was in their system. Sounds to me like you
just ended up talking to yet another ignorant call center rep who'd
rather argue with you than say "I don't know". Remember, these are
people who's entire job is to input information and make sales. They
are NOT experts, nor adjusters. Call back, and ask for a supervisor.
If they REALLY push the issue again, then tell them to contact the
DOT Archives @ George Washington University. All crashtest footage
and analisys data for vintage cars is kept there. I don't know where
the EPA archives are kept, but I'm sure they'll have data on the D
there as well. Remeber, you're the consumer, so all the footwork is
up to them. But if they give you any flack the 2nd time around when
you call, take that as a sign that you don't want to deal with them.
If it's this hard when simply trying to obtain coverage, imagine what
could happen if you had to file a claim. Besides that, customer
loyalty no longer offers any advantage to the consumer any longer. So
you might just end up like I did when you start looking around. Not
only better rates for you automobiles, but you home and other assests
as well.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Frederick R. Embden" <fembden@xxxx>