Re: Rear ended

I hope you are OK and were not injured. As bad as it may seem to have
your car hurt it can be fixed a lot easier than you can! To get
insurance you have to deal with a company that is licensed in your
State so even if you never heard of a particular insurance company
they should be allright having to pass muster with the State to be
licensed and able to do business within the state.
My advice to you would be to tell your insurance company about it but
file it only as a report and not a claim (assuming ther was no bodily
injury to you or lost time). You also must report it to the State if
it exceeds a certain amount. Now since you were hit in the rear go to
the other car's insurance and file your claim with them. Doing this
avoids your deductible and can sometimes speed things up. When the car
gets inspected (adjusted) make sure to educate the appraiser and have
him verify all his parts, labor, etc, with a Delorean vender. If you
are close to one (a Delorean vender) the best thing would be to have
it inspected there. Then they can come to an "agreed upon" repair
price. After everything gets done install a 3rd brake light on the
rear louvre to try to prevent this from happening again and always
make sure all of your taillights and brake lights are functioning!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <mquinto@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello list,
> My worst fear happened, REAR ENDED!
> So far I have the total up to $1,974.00 in replacement parts. And it
doesn't
> include nuts, bolts, discontinued exhaust bracket, paint and labor.
He's