From: therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxx> [mailto:DMCVegas@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:14 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] BTTF Widescreen DVD.

In light of recent negative publicity, here is something to cheer
everyone on
the list here up.

On the way home from work, I stopped by Wal Mart and picked up a copy of

BTTF Widescreen Edition DVD set. In a nutshell, it was really money well

spent! DeLorean specific, I've never seen another production that puts
the
DMC into a more positive light. Especially the interview with Bob Gale
on the
use of a DeLorean for the movie. There are quite a few concept drawings
of
how they were looking at modifying the car (all quite astounding!), and
segment at the end where Bob Gale reads off a thank-you/fan letter from
John
DeLorean himself stating how pleased he was with the use of the car in
the
original movie.

The negative side is that you can really tell that the producers were
strapped
for space on the DVD discs. The DeLorean, and other "making of", and
behind the scenes segments seem to be divided between the discs. While
very informative about the car durring the pop-up animations about the
car's
facts, there was only one descrepincy. And that was the 4-cylinder
engine
fact. I don't know if this was a typo, or stating what the cars were
replaced with.
In any case, this is nothing compared to the rest of the information
contained
on the DVD's. Many accurate, and positive facts about the car are
presented
within.

The movies of course are great! The sharpest video and audio I've ever
seen
the movies in. The brushed stainless steen sheen on the car is beautiful
as
you can see in the footage of BTTF1. I must now figure in on having my
car
reburnished one day to get it to look like that! And the clairity when
pausing
still images of the movie. I've always been told that my wheels look
great
when spinning, but now that I've really seen them upclose in a still
image,
they are amazing! They create the illusion that the wheels are solid,
and the
niches in the spokes really define the lines! Now that I've finally seen
this
upclose, and clearly, I'll never consider swapping my wheels out again
for a
custom set. You really have to see it to know what I mean.

Obviously if you're any kind of a fan of the movies, the DVD set is a
must have
(avoid the VCD's on eBay). The info pop-ups pointed out details in the
movies
that I've never even seen before! But even if you're not, I would still
reccomend the set as an essential addition to any DeLorean collection
for the
material contained within. Just make sure that you get the proper set.
There is
a Widescreen Edition, and a seperate Fullscreen Edition for what ever
your
tates are.

With the info pop-ups, and all of the voiceover commentary, it'll
probably take
me about a week to fully cover all the content on the discs. And I still
need to
get a DVD-ROM drive on top of that!

But, the big question: Was it worth the wait for the discs?

Yes! ;)

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

moderators@xxxx