Re: [DML] Master Cylinder Leak

Dave,

you can unplug the electrical connector (the red part) from the brake cap.
it's a pain to put back on because of limited access thru that hole but it's
worth it seeing as the other way will probably break stuff.

i would be very intensely checking the vacuum assist hose on the master
cylinder for leaks - that sounds like a very plausible answer for your idle
and low-brake boost situation!!

Andy

In a message dated 12/17/02 5:49:48 PM Central Standard Time,
doctorDHD@xxxx writes:

> What is the best way to investigate this leak? When I take off the
> reservoir
> cap to refill the master cylinder I have to bend the float because the
> electrical connector is in the way. Is this normal? It seems like the
> float
> will brake. Is this another quirk in the DMC design or in me for not
> knowing
> how to do it properly?
>
> My car always seemed to need too much brake pressure to stop and my idle is
>
> fast and oscillates. Could I have a vacuum leak in this area?
>
> Dave
> 6530

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596