Re: [DML] 1983 Kepec Model

Andy,

Sounds like you are the proud owner of a Q.A.C. car.(Quality
Assurance Center)
There is a high chance,that when your car reached these shores,when
it went thru Q.A.C.they found a lot of problems with it,put it on the
side for repairs,and either they did not get to it for a while,or
temp.used parts off of it to fix cars with lessor problems,car sits
there,somewhat stripped at QAC,Fast forward,Kapac gets control of DMC
and QAC,Kapac has his guys "fix it" to sell,fast forward to 4/15/83.
Thats my thoughts,as all Deloreans had to go thru QAC,before they
were sent off to the Dealers,so if your car came here in 1982,but
never hit a dealer lot until 4/83,chances are it sat at QAC all that
time,because of a failed QAC inspection/repairs.

My thoughts
Claude
000570

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:

> An interesting note - my car is VIN 11596, build date of Jan 1982.
In my paperwork for the car i have some Kapac documents outlining
warranty information for my car including a buisness card for Kapac.

> Anyone have any idea why a car that was built in Jan of 1982 didn't
get delivered to the owner until April 1983? anyone have any idea
where the car was for a year?