Re: engine stamping pits can you fill them?

Re: engine stamping pits can you fill them?

All you have to do is fix all of the cooling system leaks. This area
gets filled with "dirt" only because the coolant leaks and pools in
them and when the liquid part evaporates it leaves behind the solid
residue (looks like tan sand). You have to replace the "O" rings on
the water distribution pipe and the hoses from the water pump. Try to
get the silicone hoses which some venders sell as the clamps will not
need to be retightened after installation, you can't get near them to
retighten them when they loosen so you could develop a leak even after
replacing everthing. Before replacing the intake manifold pressure
test the cooling system to be sure you did everything OK again because
you can't easily see any leaks let alone fix them. Use a shop vac and
a screwdriver to remove all of the residue in the webs. I guess you
could paint them but nothing is going to stick unless you can get the
metal really clean. Probably the best thing to use would be GLYPTAL.
It is used inside motors to seal the surface and make it smooth to
promote oil drain-back and to make it easy to clean when torn down
again. You can get it at any electrical motor repair shop or you can
order it at Eastwood.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxx> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone out there has found a way to safely fill
them in?If not is there at least some kind of fix anyone would
suggest?